Importance of Sustainable Building Design in Today’s World
Now days, sustainable building design has become a necessity across the world. It is very important for us to make proper use of natural resources and save the remaining natural resources of the world.
Sustainable Development – For making a sustainable building design, each and every stage of the design development should be considered closely by all the architects, engineers and other design as well as construction professionals. It is of utmost importance that a construction project should be implemented with proper certification, such as, US Green Building Council (USGBC). There are some processes which also verifies whether a building design has achieved the targeted energy efficiency or optimal performance goals or not.
The main purpose of developing a sustainable building design is for maximizing the operational efficiency and minimizing the environmental impact significantly.
Quality Assurance (QA) – QA for a construction project is performed by commissioning. This process is carried out for ensuring that the project design, installation and operation of building system has been done according to the certification requirements and performance level goals. This is because it is very important for the building system to provide comfort to its inhabitants, enhance performance, improve indoor air quality along with building energy efficiency.
For minimizing the environmental impact, the professionals take into consideration all the following facts while developing a sustainable building design –
- Bio climatic analysis is done in the design development phase. The main reason for performing bio climatic analysis is for determining the climatic influence on the building
- Sustainability of a building is measured by analyzing the energy model of the building
- Tracking and disposing of all the hazardous wastage generated during the construction of the building.
- Analyses of the entire ventilation process of the building by analyzing the building design
- Performing an analyses of whether enough natural light will enter within the building or not; by analyzing the daylight model of the building
- Energy auditing should be performed by measuring how much energy the building will use daily. It helps to reduce energy use of the building and save energy along with time and money
So it is very important to develop accurate sustainable design otherwise it will affect the building performance and cause it to increase expanses significantly