What Benefits Does BIM Provides for Design Team, Manufacturers & Clients
Drastic improvements have been witnessed in the growth and development of AEC Industry (Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry) after the evolution, adoption and implementation of various Building Information Modeling services in the construction business. The project execution strategy which is adopted by the BIM users includes the application of unique tools and techniques which results into constructive project outcomes. A variety of BIM services which are executed earlier in project life-cycle with the assistance of building design and project review applications help in minimizing the project complications.
BIM’s benefits for different building stakeholders:
- Building Information Modeling provides huge benefits for all the building stakeholders such as design team, manufactures and clients as it increases their
- Coming to the design team they get maximum benefits due to information retrieval, coordination, collaboration and increased visualization all of which are facilitated by BIM
- Be it collaboration, information retrieval or increased visualization all of this is reinforced by building design software Revit which is used by design team members for developing architectural, structural and MEP design
- This largely enhances the productivity of design development team which eventually translates into high profitability.
- When it comes to manufacturers which may include fabricators and manufacturing firms their information can be provided to them with the help of comprehensive 3D models
- Manufacturers can extract complete information about the product or building components from 3D BIM models which are delivered to them
- Accurate information that is available in BIM models can help manufacturers in the quick manufacturing of building components which increases their productivity
- There are large benefits of BIM models for clients, which include building owners and contractors as they can extract detailed information about the building and can analyze it during early design phase
- Project outcomes can be viewed by them after reviewing the models and substantial measures can be taken for controlling them if they are not positive.
Negative project outcomes can be converted to positive if they are analyzed during early design phase
In this way the design team, manufacturers or clients can be successfully benefited by BM if it is used effectively.